STATE BLOOD CELL (SBC) MIZORAM
State Blood Cell was launched in Mizoram since October, 2016 and currently, the Programme is implemented in eight (8) districts
• Adequate, safe supply of blood and blood components. Strengthening Blood Banks and Blood Storage Centres in terms of technical knowledge, manpower, equipments and consumables.
• At present, there are 10 licensed Blood Banks in Mizoram, 8 are Govt. owned & 2 are private owned. There are 12 (Twelve) Blood Storage Centres (BSCs) and 2 (Two) Blood Storage Centres i.e, State Referral Hospital, Falkawn and Mizoram State Cancer Institute (MSCI), Zemabawk, are proposed for upgradation to Blood Bank
Achievement during 2019-20
Observance of World Blood Donor Day on 14th June, 2019 at Multipurpose Hall, Dawrpui, Aizawl.
- Hands on Training of Lab Technicians on Eliza Test (3 batches) i.e., from 10th – 15th June, 2019, 17th – 22nd June, 24th – 29th June, 2019 at Model Blood Bank, Civil Hospital, Aizawl.
- Hands on Training of Lab Technicians & Medical Officers on Component Separation Unit for Lunglei District from 22nd – 22nd July, 2019 and from 1st – 10th August, 2019 at Model Blood Bank, Civil Hospital, Aizawl.
- Review Meeting of Blood Banks & Blood Storage Centres on 29th November, 2019 at Conference Hall, DHME.
Report on Status of Blood Collection: (April 2019 to March 2020)
FY April 2019 – March 2020
Blood Collection :
Total Blood Collection
Total Voluntary Blood Collection
Total % VBD
Voluntary Blood Donation
No. of VBD camps organized
Total Collection in Camps
Static voluntary collection
Static replacement collection
No of units of whole blood supplied
No of units of components supplied
No of units of whole blood discarded
State Blood Cell established at Directorate of Hospital & Medical Education
16 staff recruited so far
Haemovigilance software and e-RaktKosh software installed in all Blood Banks
Blood Bank: Blood Bank Refrigerator (600 Litre), Refrigerator for kits and reagents storage, ELISA Reader with Washer, Blood Collection Monitor with Agitator, Dielectric tube sealer, Electric Needle Destroyer, Binocular Microscope, Mechanical shaker for serological test, Cell Counter, Chemical Balance, Table Centrifuge with Digital Display, Weight Equipment for General Check-up, Water Bath (Serological) was completed for 8 Blood Banks.
Blood Component Separation Unit:Deep Freezer (-80o C), Deep Freezer (-40o C), Refrigerated Water Bath (Cryo-Bath), PH Meter, Plasma Thawing Bath, Refrigerated Centrifuge (Cryofuge), Platelet Incubator cum Agigator, Sterile Connecting Device, Plasma Expressor (Manual), Digital Double Weighing Scale for Blood Bag Centrifuge Bucket Equalizer was completed for 8 Blood Banks.
Solar Blood Bank Refrigerator, Refrigerators, Binocular Microscope was completed for 12 Blood Storage Centres.
Blood Collection & Transportation Van: For Civil Hospital Blood Bank.
Double Blood Bag, Triple Blood Bag, HIV Elisa Kit, Hepatitis B Elisa Kit, Hepatitis B Rapid, Hepatitis C Elisa Kit, Hepatitis C Rapid, VDRL (RPR) Test Kits & Malaria Test (Antigen) was completed for 10 Blood Banks.
Drugs and Supplies for Blood Services and Blood related disorder being procured.
Training cum Review Meeting of Blood Bank Officers, Medical Officer i/c of Blood Storage Centres and Lab Technician on Strengthening of Blood Services on 2nd December, 2016
Training of Trainers for Strengthening of Blood Services & e-RaktKosh from 24th to 29th July 2017 at National Institute of Biologicals, Delhi - 9 doctors, 1 State Coordinator and 20 Lab technicians were sent for Hands-on training
Workshop on Strengthening of Blood Services & Haemovigilance was organised on 29th& 30th August 2017 at Assembly Annexe, Aizawl.