GOVERNMENT OF MIZORAM
HEALTH & FAMILY WELFARE DEPARTMENT
N O T I F I C A T I O N
Dated Aizawl, the20th May 2016.
No.J.11011/28/2015--HFW: In the interest of public service, the Governor of Mizoram is pleased to constitute Special Committee to Implement Article 5.3 of WHO Framework Convention on Tobacco Control in order to deal with any kind of interference by the Tobacco Industry, whether registered or local manufacturer/seller or any person(s) intended to act as representative for the same.
The Committee will have the following members:
1. Principal Secretary/Commissioner/Secretary,-Chairman
Health & Family Welfare Department
2. Principal Director, Health & F.W. Department-Vice-Chairman
Cum Commissioner of Food Safety
3. Commissioner, Taxation Department-Member
4. Director, Trade & Commerce Department-Member
5. Director, Information & Public Relation Department-Member
6. Director, Hospital & Medical Education-Member
7. Jt. Controller, Legal Metrology Department-Member
8. Dy. Secretary, Law & Judicial Department-Member
9. Dy. Secretary, Home Department-Member
10. Superintendent of Police (CID Crime)-Member
11. State Nodal Officer (Tobacco Control)-Member Secretary
The Committee will ensure that proper protocol (enclosed) are followed while dealing with the Tobacco Industry and its representative.
All Head of Departments are hereby instructed to refer any cases related to this matter to the Chairman or State Nodal Officer (Tobacco Control) as and when necessary.
Commr. & Secretary to the Govt. of Mizoram,
Health & Family Welfare Department.