AYUSH & SMPB PROGRAMME
AYUSH in Mizoram is a sunrise sector, since its inception in 2001 in Mizoram and following the guidelines of Department of AYUSH, Government of India, it’s developed by leap and bounds, however due to lack of man-power, and lack of awareness implementation of the programme is yet to gets momentum.
1. Objectives of the programme::
To promote Indian Systems of Medicines and Homeopathy, namely, Aryurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Sidhha and Homeopathy to the people as an alternative health care, as well as mainstreaming these systems of medicine in the health care system of the nation.
Setting up of AYUSH Wing in District Allopathic Hospitals (Outdoor facilities of one or two systems of (AYUSH) and Drug Testing Laboratory (AYUSH) for testing of medicinal plants for which Mizoram is having rich resources.
Achievement during 2020-21
- Since the onset of the first wave of the COVID- 19 Pandemic, more than 80 AYUSH Doctors have volunteered and efficiently performed their duties at different Quarantine Facilities, Screening Points, Sample Collection, Contact tracing, CCC, 4C etc.
- AYUSH prophylaxis and immunity boosters such as Arsenicum Album and Chyawanprash, advocated by the Ministry of AYUSH for COVID- 19 Pandemic have been widely distributed throughout the state.
- AYUSH advisory on COVID- 19, circulated by Ministry of AYUSH has been translated into local language and disseminated as widely as possible among the general public for awareness.
- Medical Officers (AYUSH) posted at different District Hospitals, CHCs, PHCs and other Health Programmes have deligently cared for COVID- 19 patients, and administered AYUSH medicines such as Arsenicum album, Chyawanprash, Omeo Allergy, Omeo fever, AYUSH- 64, Samsamani Vati etc. with huge positive feedback from patients.
- Integrated AYUSH Hospital, Thenzawl has been utilized as COVID Care Centre since the outbreak of COVID- 19 in Mizoram. Till date, a total of 115 patients were successfully treated with 100% recovery rate.
- Under National AYUSH Mission, Directorate of AYUSH, Mizoram is in the process of setting up 50 bedded Integrated AYUSH Hospital at Aizawl.
Achievements under AYUSH & SMPB 2016-2017
- For the first of its kind in North East India, 50 bedded Integrated AYUSH Hospital at Thenzawl has been inaugurated on 27th October 2016 by the Hon’ble Chief Minister of Mizoram and 59 nos. of manpower were newly recruited to different posts for the Integrated AYUSH Hospital.
- AYUSH has now 20 OPDs functioning at different levels of the health tier system (DHs, CHCs & PHCs).Construction of AYUSH OPD buildings at Haulawng, Hnahthial, Thingsulthliah and Tlabung has been completed and are at the verge of being inaugurated.
- The State has now a well functioning State Drugs Testing Laboratory for Quality Control of ASU&H Drugs at Zemabawk under the AYUSH department for which 12 nos. of manpower were also newly recruited.
- Free Clinic/Health camp has been conducted at 8 villages during the year 2015-2016 at which medicines were distributed free of cost to the patients.
- State level Seminar and Awareness Campaign on Yoga and Naturopathy were conducted several times.
- It is encouraging to note thatAYUSH OPDs at different Government hospitals and health centres have attended to more than 60,000 patients within this year (2015-2016).
- The State has now 62 AYUSH Doctors working under State Government (Regular – 11 nos.), National Health Mission (Contractual – 21 nos.), School Health / RBSK (Contractual – 23 nos.), National AYUSH Mission (Contractual – 7 nos.)
Achievements under State Medicinal Plants Board :
- The State Medicinal Plants Board (SMPB) under the National AYUSH Mission launch the 365 days campaign on medicinal plants and also sent 18 potential farmers at the launch of the National 365 days campaign on medicinal plants at Jaipur on20th – 21st August 2016.
- Survey and preservation of Medicinal Plants throughout Mizoram is also being conducted by State Medicinal Plants Board in collaboration with Central YMA.
UNDERTAKINGS UNDER NATIONAL AYUSH MISSION DURING 2015- 2016
I. FREE CLINIC
A free clinic was organised in the following five(5) villages during the year 2015-2016.
II. AWARENESS CAMPAIGN
A One Day Campaign On AYUSH was jointly organised with MHIP General Headquartersat Chanmari Hall, Aizawl and _ Auditorium, Aizawl
A One Day Campaign on AYUSH for Public Health was organisedat Aijal Club, Aizawl.
III. ACTIVITIES PERFORMED
- Awareness campaign on Yoga and Naturopathy for Peace and Harmony.
- Organised 2nd International Day of Yoga at A.R. Ground.
- OPD construction is going on at Thingsulthliah,Hnahthial and Tlabung.
- 50 bedded Integrated AYUSH Hospital at Thenzawl is completed and will be functioning shortly.
-Training And Review Meeting for all AYUSH Doctors is conducted every year.
IV. MANPOWER RECRUITMENT
Manpower recruited under National AYUSH Mission 2015-2016.
- Integrated AYUSH Hospital, Thenzawl
Name Of Post
Resident Medical Officer
Programme Management Unit, National AYUSH Mission
Name of Post
No. of Post
- State Medicinal Plant Board
Name of Post
- Drug Testing Laboratory, Zemabawk -
Name of Post
No. of Post
- 10 Bedded AYUSH hospital in 6 Districts
1) Lunglei 2) Kolasib 3)Mamit 4) Serchhip
5) Saiha 6) Lawngtlai
- 50 Bedded Integrated AYUSH hospital in Thenzawl - 1
OUT PATIENT DEPARTMENT
- 3 PHC ( Tawipui 'S', N.Vanlaiphai,Haulawng)
- 7 CHC (Thenzawl, Khawzawl, Chawngte, Sakawrdai, Hnahthial, Thingsulthliah,Vairengte)
VI. PATIENT LOAD
AYUSH OPD ATTENDANCE IN THE YEAR 2015-2016
Name of district/
AYUSH OPD LOAD
No. of Patient
Civil Hospital Azl.
TAWIPUI ‘S’ PHC